1. You are in a party and you see a pretty girl.
- « Hi. I am rich. Marry me ! ».
This, is direct marketing.
2. You are in a party with friends.
One of them, goes to the girl and showing you with his finger, tells her :
- « He is very rich. Marry him ».
This, is advertising.
3. The girl comes to you and simply says :
- « I know you are rich. Do you want to marry me ? ».
This, is recognition of the mark.
4. You go to the girl and tell her :
- « I am rich. Marry me ». And she slaps you.
This, are the customers comments.
5. You go to the girl, and you are on the point to tell her :
- « I am rich. Marry me ». But, she presents you her boyfriend.
This, is the phenomenon the offer and the demand.
6. You go to the girl, but...
Before you say a word, another guy comes and tells her :
- « I am rich. Marry me ». And the girl goes with him.
This, is the competition eating your part of the market.
7. You see the pretty girl...
You go to her, but just before you say a word, your wife arrives.
This, is the restriction to enter in new markets.